a 1-day shamanic training workshop
This is the beginning shamanic workshop, your gateway to becoming a shamanic practitioner
can be expanded to 2-days for more depth of experience if desired
I invite you to join me and learn more about this amazing spiritual tradition, the shamanic path of direct revelation that you can step onto. Shamanism is a technique used all over the planet to interact with the world and its energies on a fundamental and personal level, giving the shamanic practitioner a deep, rich, direct experience of the divine.
"Shamanism is the oldest spiritual practice known to humankind. We know from the archaeological evidence that shamanism was practiced all over the world for at least 40,000 years. However many anthropologists believe that the practice dates back over 100,000 years.
The word shaman comes from the Tungus tribe in Siberia and means "one who sees in the dark". Shamanism has been practiced in parts of Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, Greenland, and Native North and South America.
A shaman is a man or woman who interacts directly with spirits to address the spiritual aspects of illness, perform soul retrievals, divine information, help the spirits of deceased people cross over, and perform a variety of ceremonies for the community. Shamans have taken on many roles in tribal communities. They have acted as healers, doctors, priests, psychotherapists, mystics, and storytellers."
~ Sandra Ingerman, shamanic teacher, author and practitioner
During this basic workshop, you are introduced to shamanism, the universal and near-universal basic methods that enable you to enter non-ordinary reality to bring problem-solving and healing into your daily experience. Emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, which you will learn how to do. Shamanic journey is one of the most remarkable visionary methods used by mankind to explore the hidden universe otherwise known mainly through myth and dream which you will gain access to. You will be initiated into shamanic journeying using sonic driving (drumming and other techniques) for experiencing the shamanic state of consciousness and for awakening dormant spiritual abilities, including connections with Nature.
We will spend time sharing our discoveries in shamanic journeys, and you will be provided with methods for journeying to meet and study with your own individual spirit helpers in non-ordinary reality, a classic step in shamanic practice. You will learn how shamanic journey is used to restore your spiritual power and health, and how shamanism can be applied in your daily life to help heal yourself, others, and the Planet, our earth mother.
Your first experiential shamanic workshop includes these discussions and exercises:
- What is shamanism? Lecture and discussions about shamanism in many cultures; who and what a shaman is; shamanic cosmology, the journey process, and what shamanism is good for.
- Psychic protection and shielding - you will learn how to strengthen your energy body and re-member who you are at a deep and spiritual level. This is an extraordinarily useful practice even when you are not practicing shamanism.
- Shamanic journeying - you will learn about shamanic journey work using sonic driving to either a drum or a rattle.
"Shamanic journeying is a method of direct revelation and it is the experiential centerpiece through which shamans make contact with their helping spirits to access empowerment, personal guidance, and healing help." - Awakening to the Spirit World by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman.
- The ethics of shamanism, shamanic practice and healing
- Journeying to the Lower World to meet your Power Animal Allies
- Journeying to the Upper World to meet your Teachers and Guides
- Establishing a solid and mutually responsive relationship with your new allies, teachers and guides
- Honoring - you will learn how to honor your new relationship with the helping spirits
- Time Permitting (or in the 2-day version) you will learn
- Simple and effective healing methods you can use with others
- Simple divination methods for finding answers to your life's questions